Sunday, August 12, 2012

HOW CAN I GET PROPER SUPPORT FROM MY HUSBAND?

QUESTION: My husband cheated on me. He makes more money than I do. We have two daughters. How can I ensure he gives proper support?

MY RESPONSE: Retain an experienced Family Law Attorney to represent you in your divorce. Child Support is calculated in accordance with the California mandatory Child Support Guideline. Temporary Spousal Support (until Judgment is entered) is calculated in accordance with your county's Spousal Support Guideline, and Permanent Spousal Support (for post-divorce support, the duration of which depends on the length of the marriage, among other factors) is arrived at through consideration of the applicable Family Code Section 4320 factors, and is not calculated by a mathematical formula. The Court won't be concerned with the fact that your husband cheated on you unless he inappropriately involved your daughters in his cheating.

No comments: